Build a Better Tomorrow
There is currently a misconception of what a career in construction offers, so Building Greater Exeter has decided to do something about it and has teamed up with Build Torbay to commission a powerful short film to inspire young people to consider the range of exciting and rewarding careers in the sector.
The Build a Better Tomorrow digital campaign, highlights the variety of roles and training opportunities available to 16–24-year-olds.
The digital campaign is now live, running across YouTube, Tik Tok, Instagram and Facebook (for parents!) using a hero film that showcases the breadth and depth of the construction industry featuring several construction partners with offices and sites in the Exeter / Torbay area.
Please click on the image below to view the film.
The digital campaign also includes ‘film shorts’ and runs across YouTube, Tik Tok, Instagram and Facebook (to target parents) and drives viewers to a landing page, where they can find out more about the different roles of the stars of the film and connects them to our website for further information on careers, jobs and training.
Please click on the image below to view the landing page.
The ’Build a Better Tomorrow’ campaign aims to raise awareness of:
- the diversity of roles available in the industry, from sustainability specialists to architectural technicians, as well as the more well-known roles on site
- the variety of roles in the industry – there are over 180 jobs to choose from both on site and in the office and the fact that it is an industry for all genders
- the reward and recognition available in the industry, with higher than average salaries and excellent career progression
- environmental sustainability – transforming the lives of others through innovative and sustainable building and development
- the importance of digital skills, which are vital to most construction projects, with the latest technologies being used to innovate and develop buildings and infrastructure
Matthew Cousins, Chair of Building Greater Exeter said: “We want to encourage young people with all of their energy and ideas into this hugely diverse industry. There are so many career paths and many that people are unaware of. This is an opportunity for young people to choose a career path and make a real difference to the built landscape in the region.”
It is important that these messages are communicated to those looking at career and training opportunities and we are asking for your help by sharing campaign content on your channels to help spread the word and have created this partner pack to assist you.
Please click on the image below to view the partner pack.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the film and helped make it happen, including Kier Construction, Vistry Partnerships, Coreus Group and Services Design Solution (SDS). Filmed by ‘All Told’ on location in South West England 2022