We have all your employability and skills tools in one place.
Our mission is to inspire new candidates, support employers and promote a culture that makes the built environment a great place to work across Exeter, East Devon, and Teignbridge.
We aim to:
- Inspire new candidates and represent employers at engagement events
- Support employers by facilitating recruitment, up-skilling and re-skilling
- Deliver social value through employment and skills plans on major developments
- Take a collaborative approach to marketing and partnerships
- Produce experiences promoting a culture that makes it a great place to work
- Capture, share and promote impact and value for money for our partners
Since starting in 2018 we have delivered many positive outcomes in collaboration with partners, education providers, and other initiatives helping to shape the workforce, now, and in the future.
Our vision is to grow our number of partners and achievements driven by their ideas, interests, and opportunities, which is crucial in ensuring the right problems can be solved and that the initiative can be sustained.
As a not-for-profit public and private sector initiative, the resources Building Greater Exeter generates are put back into the services our partners, candidates, and employers receive.
Within our geography, we welcome all businesses within the built environment as partners from large organisations to supply chains.
What is the built environment?
The built environment refers to our surroundings in which people live, work and play.
Examples include cities, buildings, urban spaces, parks, landscapes, waterways, utilities and transportation links.
This presents a huge variety of inclusive workplaces, employers and jobs ranging from:
- Skilled construction trades to civil engineering, architectural and landscape design
- Accounting, business, legal and marketing
- Environmental science, renewable energy and sustainable construction
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Future skills, such as data science, digital solutions, robotics and automation
All with opportunities to work onsite, from an office or at home.
Proudly supported by