The Building Greater Exeter initiative is designed to support the construction sector to meet its skilled labour requirements, now, and in the future. Through your engagement and support you can play your part in shaping the role and activities of the project to enable the sector to grow and be a first class career choice.
Building Greater Exeter will support your organisation to recruit, train and upskill the people you need. It will also undertake to ensure that the sector is represented at a range of appropriate events – such as careers and jobs fairs – increasing the profile of the sector and the range of opportunities to a wide range of audiences.
- Raise the profile of your organisation
- Your logo will be used in all Building Greater Exeter promotional materials including pop-up stands, presentation slides and website,
- Your organisation will be actively promoted to key target audiences and stakeholders at events and briefings to enable them to understand the job and career opportunities you and your supply chain are able to offer,
- Your organisation will be invited to present at relevant events,
- The team will develop a dedicated case study of your business for use throughout the activities of the project,
- You will be given access to a range of PR opportunities,
- Regular networking opportunities will be provided,
- There will be support to attract people to join your organisation – in jobs, apprenticeships, work experience or to undertake training,
- There will be co-ordinated opportunities to engage with schools to help inspire the next generation to join the sector.
- Play an active role in shaping the future of Building Greater Exeter
- Inform the strategic direction of the partnership,
- Input to operational activities and events,
- Work together as a partnership to help improve the image of the sector and to raise awareness of the opportunities,
- Help to support the supply chain in finding skilled employees,
- Together, provide a single voice to government about skills in the sector.
- Increase your opportunities for funding, contracts and training through association with Building Greater Exeter
- Contribute to your Social Value/ Corporate Social Responsibility agenda,
- Be able to state engagement with Building Greater Exeter when tendering locally and applying for funding,
- Access prioritised, dedicated help for delivery of Employment and Skills Plans (although not exclusively),
- Communicate the skills and labour demand to training and education providers / access market intelligence for skills and training.
- Minimum £2K financial contribution per year (invoiced by Exeter City Council annually, pro-rata for the first year according to the start month),
- Representation at relevant partnership meetings,
- Regular communications and meetings with the project team (communications will be tailored to meet the specific requirements of project sponsors),
- Pro-active engagement with Building Greater Exeter activities and events,
- Provide data and report on progress against activities and Employment and Skills Plans to demonstrate the impact of the partnership as a whole,
- Your whole organisation to act as an ambassador for Building Greater Exeter.